Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Big Sur


My last full day was a road trip to Big Sur. It literally took my breath away with how beautiful it was but I'll let the pictures do the talking...









For lunch we went to the Big Sur Roadhouse, a cajun/creole restaurant. One word that immediately came into mind was quaint. It looked and felt like we were eating in someone's cabin. Very comforting and the food reflected the surrounds, warm and inviting. I had seafood gumbo.


I also got to try the marinated vegetable salad with chicken. 


Lastly affogato! Coffee and ice cream, best combination ever. 


The whole restaurant was decorated in various succulents. Note to self: buy more succulents. 


After lunch, we visited Pfeiffer Beach where apparently the sand is purple. Unfortunately, apparently there was a tropical storm somewhere in the Pacific Ocean and that affected the water/winds somehow. Basically instead of pretty calm beach, we got typhoon winds and flying sand. My pictures make it look pretty but I felt like I had survived a typhoon afterwards. It was an experience!





Surviving a typhoon makes a person hungry. So we headed over to a town called Carmel for warm soup and seafood. Chicken pot pie, baked oysters, crab cakes, and clam chowder rounded out an essential California day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet